I am interested in narcissism because I am the daughter of a man with narcissistic personality disorder or NPD.
These are the traits of a person with NPD:
- Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
- Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
- Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
- Needing constant admiration from others
- Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
- Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
- Unwilling to empathize with others’ feelings, wishes, or needs
- Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
- Pompous and arrogant demeanor
When I hear Trump speak, it’s like listening to my narcissist dad.
People confuse Trump’s narcissism with confidence, but it is not.
Like my dad, this man has a psychological disorder.
A confident person would have a healthy ego. But people with NPD have an ego so big that they consume everyone around them.
People with NPD are the toxic people everyone advises to get away from.
Few people know about NPD, that’s why they confuse Trump’s disorder with confidence.
But as my dad takes my sanity to a point in which it is better not to have any contact with him, Trump will, if elected, drive us all insane.